26 January 2009

Happy Birthday Laura

Well, it may not be the most exciting venue, but today is Laura's birthday! I hope that she's enjoying her main birthday present of a newly healthy body.

We have already decided to postpone any major birthday celebrations until sometime in March, once Laura is recovered and ready to tackle the world again. We're considering a quick weekend holiday to Belgium as a nice post-recovery celebration.

On the recovery update side of things, Laura is doing very well. She was up and walking around without assistance today a number of times, which I think is amazing considering she had surgery just a few days ago!

Our new goal is to be out of hospital by Friday, so we'll see how close we can get to that.

Feel free to leave happy birthday messages in the comments, I know they will be well received.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Laura!- and Happy wishes for a joyful year ahead. We're hoping that each day you are feeling better and soon you will be home! We love you tons! Kim and Ed

patrick said...

happy birthday.

Unknown said...

happy birthday laura!

Sheila said...

Happy Birthday Laura! You'll be getting a package in a few days hopefully! I've been thinking of you and I'm sending you lots of happy get well wishes! Have you ever watched Secret Diary of a Call Girl? I find it quite entertaining and as you are in London (where it is set) and probably needing some mindless distraction, you should watch it! I'm addicted! I know you'll be glad when you can actually celebrate your birthday!