25 November 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Just in case you didn't already know, Thanksgiving is not a holiday in the UK, so bobby and I will be working. Last year, we went out for Fish and Chips on Thanksgiving. In the past year, however, we have managed to make hordes of American friends and are therefore having a proper (albeit slightly delayed) holiday meal on Saturday. Watch the blog for pictures to follow.



The thing i'll miss the most about American Thanksgiving (other than friends and family)? From-the-can cranberry sauce. What can I say? I love it.





What's your favourite part of a Thanksgiving meal?

8 comments:

patrick said...

Ham, bacon, pork...any pig based product

Unknown said...

Sweet potatoes and Beaujolais Nouveau, and, of course, Chinese food. And let us give thanks for Grandma Costco's pumpkin pie!

Mike said...

I have this weird, reoccurring Thanksgiving problem where I drastically overestimate the quality of stuffing. I always imagine it will be super awesome (just think, meat plus croutons!) and pray that whoever is making it for me makes an absurd amount. After my first soggy mouthful, though, I'm inevitably disappointed and dread finishing the rest of the heap on my plate. Does anyone else have this issue? Please.

Laura said...

I DESPISE stuffing!! I have never understood why people love it so much. I avoid it at every thanksgiving meal. So Mike, I totally understand where you're coming from.

Bob Harwig said...

I think you guys both need to get a better recipe for stuffing. It's delicious.

My vote is all about pie. Pumpkin pie, pecan pie, apple pie... preferably one slice of each... with a huge mountain of vanilla ice cream. Mmmm... no better way to induce a diabetic coma and sleep off the rest of the day watching football.

Anonymous said...

i agree with bobby; you guys are crazy. i had two kinds of stuffing this year: a traditional turkey stuffing and oyster stuffing, and both were to die for. candied yams are tied.

patrick said...

I love stuffing! I've never had a bad experience.

Sarah Gillespie said...

Chocolate pie, unconventioanl, but a tradition in my fam.