13 November 2008

Whirlwind North American Tour, Part 1: Canada

I'll go ahead and get this blog going by talking about my trip to Canada.

There's actually very little to say about this. I went to Canada (Niagara-on-the-Lake to be exact) to help run my work's Annual Meeting. For those of you who don't know, I work for an organization called the Global Leadership Foundation which is a network of former heads of state that are now retired from politics and work with us to help solve current governance issues using the lessons they learned in office. The Annual Meeting involved 4 days of me running around stressed out of my mind, hanging out with former heads of state, attempting to speak my bad french and only slightly better swahili, and leaving the hotel only twice: once to lead a tour to Niagara Falls and once to go to a $500-a-plate fundraising dinner.

The best part about my trip? The Hotel! The great thing about my job is that, when you travel with former heads of state, you travel in style! My hotel room was about twice the size of my flat in London and had a fireplace in it!! The hotel also had a supposedly amazing spa, which I did not get to use, but I did get a lot of use out of my jacuzzi tub!!

From what little I saw, Canada seemed nice and I hope to go back one day. However, maybe at a warmer time of the year.

1 comment:

patrick said...

I'm pretty sure Canada is in a continual state of ice and winter.