02 February 2009

Snowday!

Wow... we've just had the biggest snowfall in London in the past 18 years. I woke up this morning, ready to take the tube to the train station, then a train to the client's office... except the entire city was shutdown. The trains that were running were doing so very slowly, and the entire bus network was closed due to the fluffy white stuff all over the roads.

The view outside of the flat.

"Luckily" I was able to work from home today, and managed to trudge through the cold in my wellies to see Laura in the hospital this afternoon.

Also, I watched a group of electricians take a 10 minute snowball fight break while repairing the exterior lights across from the flat. Obviously they didn't get enough snow when they were a kid (and they were all rubbish at making snowballs).

Hopefully it doesn't freeze over tonight, but we've got a stocked fridge and pantry, so I think we'll survive.

(I was up early anyway, so I snapped a few pictures.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I guess the groundhog didn't see his shadow in London? It looks beautiful! I want a snow day here in Virginia!!! Hope Laura is home soon and doing well. Hugs!