25 August 2009

Things I Love About London, Part VII: Afternoon Tea

My friend Nishant, who I actually met in London but now lives in America, came to visit this past weekend. And, because we needed lots of time to chat and catch up, I decided this would be the perfect opportunity to try out one of London’s fabulous Afternoon Tea venues.



We went to The Goring which is a fancy privately-owned hotel near Victoria station, and I LOVED it. Despite my newfound love of tea, I wasn’t sure how I was going to respond to the whole afternoon tea concept. I mean, isn’t it just old ladies sitting around in fancy hats eating finger sandwiches? Well, yes, it is, but that doesn’t mean that it can’t be fun. Nishant, Lynsey and I had a fabulous time despite the fact that we were the youngest people in the room by about 40 years.




The tea was amazing, the service spectacular, and the food, oh the food. Who would have guessed that scones and clotted cream could have been so fabulous! I must learn how to make my own. Perhaps Sarah's blog can help me? We opted, of course, for the Bollinger Afternoon Tea simply because it came with a glass of champagne, but I think even the Traditional Tea would have been superb.



If you get a chance to do an Afternoon Tea in London, I highly recommend it and would be happy to go with you!

1 comment:

sarah said...

if there's champagne, i'm there!