11 October 2009

Phantom of the Opera

We finally got around to seeing Phantom of the Opera in London. I have little to say about it other than that it was FANTASTIC!!!! I mean, SPECTACULAR!! I'm listening to the soundtract as we speak and haven't stopped singing it for the last week. If you've never seen it, you must go!


I was really keen on seeing Phantom after seeing Wicked and being somewhat disappointed by it. Everyone said that Wicked was the best musical ever "next to Phantom of the Opera" so I thought that it may pull through for me where Wicked failed- and it did! We saw it performed at Her Majesty's Theatre in the West End and it was the perfect experience. The theatre is actually quite small, which means that every seat gets the full spectacular experience. The cast was beyond words- their performance was truly perfection.

A big thanks to Kim for buying us the tickets! I would go back and see it again tonight if it weren't so darn expensive!!

I'm still a huge fan of Avenue Q, and it might actually remain my favourite musical, but if you want the true West-End experience, nothing beats Phantom!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

When I sing in the shower I sound just like Christine! Try it...