14 May 2007

Plane Ticket Purchased

Well, I just purchased my plane ticket for London ($950, ouch!). Good thing it's being reimbursed.

I'm heading out of here on Thursday evening for three weeks across the pond. Hopefully sometime in the next few days I'll be figuring out a place to stay. There's nothing like saving things for the last minute.

There's still a bunch that needs to get done; reserve a moving company, find a flat, pack up the apartment. It looks like it will be a pretty packed week trying to get everything setup before I head over there.

I'll be coming back here on June 8th for about a week to finalize everything in the States, move out of the apartment, and ship everything to London (not to mention a weekend in Blacksburg thrown in for good measure).

Look out for my next post to be sent from the UK!

4 comments:

Mike said...

I like how you've already incorporated some Britishspeak into your vocabulary ("flat.") You are a truly gifted with languages, Bob.

By the way, how are the Italian and French coming?

patrick said...

this blog post was missing one thing...a crushed velvet suit.

Bob Harwig said...

Mike,
molto bene et tres bien.

Not really. I was listening to this daily teach-yourself-italian thing, but I haven't listened in a while. I need to get back on the wagon.

As for French... I'm quite sure I've demolished all of those braincells that I had the moment after my last final with Mme Barrett.


Pat,
I'll try to make sure future posts have the soft and voluptuous undertone that come with a crushed velvet suit.

Chris and Laura Gruner said...

Good thing you're an army BRAT - getting everything all packed up and moved out in a short time should be no problem! I'm looking forward to pictures of your "flat"!