07 July 2007

Tour de France - Kickoff

What an exciting Friday. I took about 200 pictures, so to make it easier on myself, I'm just going to send you a link to where they all are, and then talk about them here.

http://picasaweb.google.com/harwig (and yes, I know that I love Google way too much)

First off, and most important, is the greatest pub ever created.



Can it get any better than "Ye Olde Cock Tavern"? I think not. I have a few more pictures of some pubs at that link above.

I found that the other day, and then took a picture while I walked from my office to Trafalgar Square for the kickoff of the Tour de France.

I was a little late for the kickoff, so there was no chance I could get close, but that's alright. They were parading each team up on stage and interviewing the top riders. I missed out on seeing Discovery, but I caught the last few teams that went up.

I had no idea how many people were going to be there, the crowds were crazy.

I'm headed out today to check out the Prologue, and then tomorrow for Stage 1 (which goes right in front of my office!). Hopefully I'll have some great pictures of the events.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm in love with Ye Olde Cock Tavern, Bob. Those pictures are great! Miss you!!

Bob Harwig said...

Once you come to visit, that will be our first pub (in a long, long, long series of pubs)