10 August 2007

GBBF

How could I possibly have posted that last entry without mentioning the Great British Beer Festival I went to last night? Crazy.

So it's this huge event that lasts from Tuesday to Saturday and I went after work with some people from the office. There are hundreds, possibly thousands, of different hand pulled "real" ales at the festival... aka... heaven.

I sampled about 8 or 10 I think (only half pints each, don't worry) and had a great time. The guy who organized my little group is very into beer, as am I, but in a much more serious way. I like all beers, and while I may prefer . Therefore, I make the decision about which beer I'm going to have next based entirely on how clever the name is and/or if it has a cool looking label. I've used the same basis for picking wines and it works out so well. Plus, then you get to try things that you normally wouldn't if you were only drinking a specific type of beer (or wine).

So yeah, I can't quite remember all of the beers I drank, but they were delicious. Plus, I got a cool pint glass from the day.

1 comment:

Brian Bosch said...

We talked for like an hour today and no mention of a beer festival... That sounds awesome!!! Also sounds cool that you have a fellow beer lover to hang out with!