25 June 2007

So... Pissed... Off...

So there I am... 4:25 pm on Monday afternoon. I emailed my rental agent in the morning and asked about the lease paperwork and such. He said he was setting up a meeting with the landlord to meet and sign papers for later this afternoon. Super, I'm excited about my new flat.

Then about 6 hours later, no reply, so I emailed again. And got this:

Hi Bob,
I have just spoken to the landlord, he has informed me that the
property is still being decorated and will be complete and ready to move in
2/07. Not the best news, I know, he has asked me to extend his apologies to you
and assures me that the property will be ready on that date. He still wants to
meet with you this week.



Really? A week later than he's been telling me for the past month? On the day I'm supposed to move in?? That sounds fantastic!

(btw: 2/07 is July 2nd for all non-European readers... aka all of you)

More to follow on this horrible horrible drama soon (especially if I'm sleeping in my office tonight).

2 comments:

Lee said...

WOW that sucks. I look forward to seeing how things work out for you... I bet you do too!!!

Let me know if you need camera tips- I am getting good on my Canon D50!

http://picsbylee.com

Laura said...

awww baby, that blows. I'm charging my cell phone in the cyber cafe now so that we can talk tonight. Call me.